May 19, 2010

Tribute to Malcolm X

This is my tribute to Malcolm X.  I just put together my fave quotes and a couple of pics to show some B-Day love.  Enjoy!

"I believe in Islam. I am a Muslim and there is nothing wrong with being a Muslim, nothing wrong with the religion of Islam. It just teaches us to believe in Allah as the God. Those of you who are Christian probably believe in the same God, because I think you believe in the God Who created the universe. That's the One we believe in, the One Who created universe--the only difference being you call Him God and we call Him Allah. The Jews call Him Jehovah. If you could understand Hebrew, you would probably call Him Jehovah too. If you could understand Arabic, you would probably call Him Allah...."

"I am and always will be a Muslim. My religion is Islam."

"I am not a racist. I am against every form of racism and segregation, every form of discrimination. I believe in human beings, and that all human beings should be respected as such, regardless of their color."

"If we don't stand for something, we may fall for anything."

My Alma mater was books, a good library... I could spend the rest of my life reading, just satisfying my curiosity.

"I believe in human rights for everyone, and none of us is qualified to judge each other and that none of us should therefore have that authority."

"I am neither a fanatic nor a dreamer. I am a black man who loves peace, and justice, and loves his people."

"All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all the worlds."

Stumbling is not falling.
---

Photo Credit:

No comments: