May 18, 2010

Don’t Scowl by Chrisette Michele

I absolutely love Miss Chrisette Michele, I love her music and her voice, I'm telling you I can FEEL when she sings the music. She is truly a talented artist, and besides singing, she writes poetry.  This is a really good poem, and for those who may have missed it, as she included a special DVD with her last album, Epiphany, here it is.

Enjoy!

Don’t Scowl
A poem dedicated to my girls who suffer from A.B.W.S.

I say “hello”, you say “excuse me”.
Walk down you block, you don’t include me.
Shop for my shoes, order my food, you’re in a mood, you don’t pursue me.
Inspect my clothes, inspect my walk,
Inspect my hair, yes you peruse me.

Speak to my nature, speak to my life,
Speak to my soul
Please don’t abuse me.

Don’t scowl, my sister don’t scowl
Invite me, sister be proud.
Don’t pass me by, don’t brush my side
I need your smile sister don’t scowl

I’ll carry bags
Let’s shop together
Let go of the past
You can do better
I’ll lift you up, I’ll wipe your tears
What your ex neglected, I can repair.

So don’t scowl my sister I’m safe
Don’t scowl my sister
Don’t hate
Don’t pass me by, don’t brush my side
I need your smile sister,
Don’t scowl




Text by Chrisette Michele
© 2009 Published by Foray Music o/b/o itself, Four Kings Production, Inc. and Christte Michele Music (SESAC)


---
- Share

No comments: